Gallery

Hamilton Palace Dining Room

Alan and Simone Hartman Galleries (Gallery 241A)

Curators and conservators have spent two years reinstalling this period room that was originally the dining room (about 1700) in Hamilton Palace, the vast residence of the dukes of Hamilton just outside of Glasgow, Scotland. The room was first installed at the MFA in 1928, then dismantled, during the construction of the adjacent Art of the Americas Wing. The room has been reassembled and features English silver made between 1670 and 1760 from the Hartman Collection.