- Visitors must sign our guest book with name, date, and affiliation/school.
- The collection is noncirculating and the stacks are closed to the public. Patrons must provide a call slip for each book to be retrieved from the stacks. A maximum of five books may be requested at one time.
- Viewing books in Special Collections requires an appointment in advance and supervision by library staff.
- Materials located in a curatorial department library may be requested at the time of your visit or in advance. Items from departmental libraries require 48 hours to be retrieved and will be kept at the reading room hold shelf for viewing. Due to institutional research needs, not all materials may be available. Book request procedures and departmental library location codes.
- The Library holds materials for a maximum of seven days unless special arrangements are made.
- Visitors must obtain prior permission to photograph library materials.
- Visitors must request prior permission to photocopy material. Charge for photocopying is $.10/copy. Some library items may be deemed too fragile to copy or view. Patrons must abide by any special instructions given by the library staff.
- Public computer stations are reserved for research purposes only. One workstation is set up for both English and Japanese language work online.
- The Library has a VCR/TV and a microfilm reader available for public use.
- Food, drink, and cell phone use are strictly prohibited in the library.
Additional Library Services & Museum Publication Information
The Library is closed on the following holidays:
New Years Day (January 1)
Martin Luther King Day (third Monday in January)
President's Day (third Monday in February)
Patriots' Day (third Monday in April)
Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
Independence Day (July 4)
Labor Day (first Monday in September)
Columbus Day (second Monday in October)
Veterans' Day (November 11)
Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
Thanksgiving Friday (day after Thanksgiving)
Christmas Eve Day (December 24)
Christmas Day (December 25)
Day after Christmas (December 26)